ADR in Poland
Polish system composes of two big ADR schemes functioning on the basis of structures of regional trade inspectiorates (Trade Inspection) which are also locally located market authorities subordinated to the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection. Those units run mediation, and are host organizations for 31 Consumer Courts of Arbitration conducting arbitration. Both ADR schemes have general, multisectorial capability.
Apart from that there are nine recognized other consumer ADR schemes with sectoral competence:
- Banking Ombudsman – arbitration
- The Arbitration Court at the Polish Financial Supervision Authority – mediation and medarb (a combination of mediation and arbitration)
- Insurance Ombudsman – mediation and arbitration
- Standing Arbitration Consumer Court at the President Office of Electronic Communications (UKE) – mediation and arbitration
- Commission for Ethics in Advertising – complaint board