Coach delayed by 120 minutes or more
- The carrier must offer other transport to final destination or a refund for a ticket (n case of travel passes or season tickets the payment is equal to its proportional part of the full cost of the pass or ticket).
- If the railway undertaking fails to offer you a choice between a refund and re-routing, you are entitled to request compensation amounting to 50% of the ticket price.
- In the event of cancellation or delay in departure of a regular service, the carrier or the terminal manager must inform the passengers about the expected start of the journey as soon as possible (not later than 30 minutes after the planned start of the journey).
In addition, if the journey scheduled to last more than 3 hours is cancelled or delayed by more than 90 minutes, the carrier should provide:
- Posiłki i napoje w ilościach adekwatnych do czasu oczekiwania
- Zakwaterowanie oraz transfer pomiędzy terminalem a hotelem w sytuacji, gdy opóźnienie powoduje konieczność pobytu przez jedną lub więcej nocy (maksymalnie 2 noce)
Bus and coach passenger rights are regulated by the Regulation (EU) No 181/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
1. You must file a complaint to the carrier concerned within 3 months from the date of the event.
2. If your complaint is rejected or you do not receive a reply within one or three months (if the carrier informs you about the expected delay in replying), you have the right to make a complaint to the national enforcement body for the Regulation No 181/2011. The competent authority in Poland in this regard is the General Inspectorate of Road Transport.